Monday, January 5, 2009

The Know it alls



Amongst the numerous encounters with people, this is one clan which amuses me to a great extent. I would never miss on an opportunity to interact with these people coz I learn from them how not to live life.

Scene 1

Prologue: Before the start of the Business Ethics class – one of the best courses that we went thru during our stint at Great Lakes.

G : What the hell does this man teach?
Me : Ethics

G : Sure, but he is supposed to teach business ethics. Where is the business part of it?
Me : Well, that depends on your definition of ethics and business ethics. In my opinion being ethical in personal life or business doesn’t vary much. It’s gotta do with your integrity basically.

G : Yaar, still I don’t agree. Take for example ‘International Entrepreneurship’ course. I know what I know before going into the class and what I learned after the class. There is nothing I am learning here that I can count or recollect.
Me : Why dontya listen with an open mind. Be it ethics or Business ethics, may be you would learn something at the end of it. How does it matter what the title is?
G: Nah. Doesn’t make any sense. If he is here to teach he ought to teach Business Ethics and nothing else. How can I learn anything which is not supposed to be taught???



Scene 2

Prologue: In the canteen, during the lunch one of the gals strikes a conversation with a chap who would never ever say any prof is good or that he learnt anything in the course. He bullshits every famed professor and all that they teach. I would like to believe this fella is gyani who knows everything under the sun but unfortunately……

Miss R : Hey how is ‘….’ course going on? I heard that it is too good and the professor is doing a wonderful job.
Mr. H : What the heck. He is so dumb. He doesn’t know what he is talking. I cant stand him. And anyways don’t we know all that he teaches?

Miss R : Hey. I always wanted to ask you something.
Mr. H : Shoot

Miss R : What is your expectation out of this course or for that matter even MBA?
(I am searching for words to explain the expression of Mr H’s and everyone else around)

No comments: